Friday, January 20, 2012

Let's start from the beginning...

I suppose I should start from the beginning. I started this blog...well, I'm not entirely sure why, it just seemed like the next step, so here we are. I suppose it was originally supposed to be a soapbox from which I stand and spout my deep and sometimes witty insights of a wide variety of things. A platform from which I can preach and gripe, and, since it's the internet, remain in relative anonymity.

But after two posts I'm already tired of it. Face-to-face is more fun, more challenging, and more enlightening. So instead, I've decided to use this forum as a first-hand account of my observations from here on out. I plan on working toward a goal of healthier living (and I'm down 11 lbs since Christmas!), and reading a book a month (currently working through "Drive" by Daniel Pink before February when I intend to start "Out of Our Minds" by Ken Robinson). I plan on taking the GMAT and applying to a doctoral program. I plan on graduating with my Masters degree in Organizational Leadership, and am considering starting my own company as well as writing a book. I plan on drawing and writing, at least something, for 15 minutes each day. I plan on continuing to work as a facilitator, and learn more about anything and everything (currently the top 3 are solution-focused therapy, creativity, and motivation).

I figure that with all this going on, and yes, perhaps even some side observations pulled from my notes, I should be able to post once a week for at least the foreseeable future.

And now that I'm publishing this to the world wide web, I am creating some sort of accountability for myself. Here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment