Friday, June 21, 2013

I shouldn't need to register this!

Damnedest thing.

So I went to buy a car from a third-party seller; really just saw it on the side of the road and thought it would be a great addition.  So I talk to the guy, hand over the cash, and, get this, now I have take it to the DMV to have it registered.

With the government.

It's like, "Hey, Big Brother, get out of my personal business", right?  I mean, they're putting me in a database, monitoring my activity of whether I'm a good driver or not, and using my license number to identify me.  And you just know that if this list of car-owners was published, heck, I would certainly be at higher risk of having my car stolen once people knew I had one and where I lived.  And, I mean, it's obviously more likely that it's the people who don't register that will get into car accidents.  Criminals don't care if they're in the database or not, so really, this process is just getting in the way of law-abiding drivers like me.  Unregistered drivers will find out some way to get their hands on a car.  Plain and simple.

That's why I support the National (Automobile) Association's stance that I shouldn't need a background check to buy a car, and that I should be able to buy one from a private seller without the nanny-state looking over my shoulder.  It's called privacy, and I have a right to it.

Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment