Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Making Mistakes

I found this quote last week and it really struck a chord:
"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement"  -Will Rogers

Looking into making mistakes a bit more, I found a lot of materials out there that allude to our perspective - more specifically, how me perceive the mistakes we make.  Are they a failure? A minor setback? A major one? Or do they give us an opportunity to try again?  Winston Churchill once said that "Success is moving from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm" and I think that is very poignant.  

So let's top it off with the Dalai Lama (undoubtedly somewhat paraphrased):

"If a problem can be solved there is no use worrying about it. I it can't be solved, worrying will do no good."

Really just a simple thought on a dreary Tuesday morning, but one that I feel deserves a second look.

No comments:

Post a Comment